As part of FPA's continuing commitment to the proactive management and support of our clients' network infrastructure, we provide a Network Health Assessment through our comprehensive Technology Review Project. For new clients, this is how we take the pulse of your existing infrastructure to determine its strengths and weaknesses.
The Technology Review Project (TRP) involves installing our remote network monitoring probe and documenting, inventorying, and assessing all hardware, software, and network components at your site. This project is especially important when we undertake a new client relationship as it gives us the opportunity to intimately familiarize ourselves with the details critical for providing fast and effective ongoing support. In addition, it also gives us the ability to determine the status of the key areas required within your network (ie: backup, anti-virus, firewall protection, etc.) and how they compare to the minimum requirements needed for FPA to meet our obligations under a Service Level Agreement when providing ongoing support under one of our Managed Service plans. After the initial information gathering phase, we will prepare a detailed Current Issues and Comments Report detailing our findings, their impact, as well as our recommendations.
As part of the project, we review, gather, and document information about the following:
- All servers (both physical and virtual)
- All virtual infrastructure and / or network attached storage devices
- All workstations
- All routers, switches, hubs, and wireless access points
- All firewalls and any other network security devices
- Any backup, security, and infrastructure software
- All UPS and power management
- Any hosted application information
- Any 3rd Party related software, systems, account info, contact info, etc. (including internet carriers, hosts, cablers, etc.)
Beyond just creating documention, in this exercise we're determining the health of your network infrastructure by looking at and reporting on the status of things like:
- Server performance and utilization
- Disk storage capacity and usage
- Backup status (ie: completeness, accuracy, recurrence)
- Anti-virus and Anti-spam
- Warranty status (for system critical machines and devices)
- Business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities
- Application performance
- Software licensing compliance
- Internet performance
- Basic security compliance
What You Get:
FPA provides real, tangible, and meaningful results of this analysis in the form of detailed hard copy reports documenting all your organizations IT systems including:
- Our Technology Review Report which provides a granual breakdown of all of our findings as well as detailed recommendations for remediating issues needing to be addressed
- Supporting Reports such as our Server Health Report, Site Summary Report, Windows Licensing Report, Client Risk Report, Security Risk Report, and Endpoint Risk Report
- Documentation of Your Entire IT Infrastructure including hardware and software inventory, user names and passwords, procedures documents, etc. (all available through our proprietary Client WebPortal)
FPA's Technology Review Process:
FPA ensures that the entire process is as transparent as possible to your organization. Every step of the way we keep you apprised of the projects progress as we:
- Meticulously inventory each server, workstation, and network device in your organization.
- Provide you with the resulting documentation as it is created so you are continually informed throughout the project.
- Meet with you to review all of the documentation and present our Technology Review Report.
For more information about our Network Health Assessment Services or to learn more about our IT Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or feel free to call us at 818-501-3390.